- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 a large cucumber, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh red chili split in half
- 5 whole mixed peppercorns
- Mix water, sugar, salt and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Whisk until sugar and salt is dissolved completely.
- Finely dice the cucumber, and add to the bowl. Make sure they are completely covered by the liquid.
- Add bay leaf, chili and peppercorns, and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- You can either enjoy at this point, or put everything in a jar with enough liquid to cover the vegetables for 4-5 days.