- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- One 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted or stewed tomatoes with chiles (or you can add half a 4-ounce can of diced green anaheim chiles to a 14.5 ounce can of tomatoes)
- 6 baby (new) Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 ounces), quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp ghee (can use butter or olive oil if you are lazy)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Serve with: Basmati rice and/or yogurt
- In a large pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and ginger until the onion begins to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the salt, cumin, coriander and cayenne, stir to combine and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to mix and simmer vigorously for about 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add more salt to taste.
- Serve the curry in bowls over rice. Great accompanied with plain yogurt.