Using the smoking instructions from yesterday, here is a great recipe for applewood smoked salmon.
- 1.5 lb salmon, cut in to ~6 portions
- 1 quart apple cider
- 8 oz applewood smoking chips
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
Simply follow the smoking instructions for 1.5 lb fish with these notes:
- Marinade – Pour apple cider into a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat and reduce until it becomes syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Use applewood smoking chips for the smoking wood
- Rub – simple mix of salt and pepper
- Sauce at the end – Peel, core, quarter, and slice Granny Smith apples. Melt butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the apples and season with salt. Cook the apples, gently stirring, until tender but not soft, about 4 minutes.
- Serve at the end with watercress