- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon spice rub
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer until dark, thick, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a clean jar and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months.