Here is another #recipe nowcado.com can help you with to cool off this #summer while grilling. It involves grilling some of the ingredients prior to making the drink!
Recipe adapted from foodandwine.com
- 3 cups stemmed seedless red grapes
- 2 oranges, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- 2 lemons, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 bottle white wine
- 8 ounces simple syrup
- 8 ounces brandy
- Light a hardwood charcoal fire. Put the grapes on a perforated grill sheet or in a grill basket and grill over high heat, tossing occasionally, until they just start to burst, about 6 minutes. Transfer the grapes to a plate to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, grill the orange and lemon wheels over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine with the simple syrup, brandy and grilled fruit and stir well. Refrigerate until the sangria is chilled and the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Serve the sangria over ice.