What could be better than #basil, #cheese, #garlic, olive oil, and pine nuts in the summer? Here is a basic basil pesto recipe nowcado.com can help you with that you can use to pour over pasta or spread on a sandwich.
- 2 c packed basil leaves
- 1/2 c Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c pine nuts
- 2/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend everything but the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- While the processor is running, pour in the olive oil slowly and blend until fully mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- You can either keep the pesto refrigerated, or freeze to store it for months!