Here is a recipe we adapted from vegetariangastronomy.com.
- 10 oz flat rice noodles
- 1 medium head of broccoli, washed
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Vegetable oil for coating pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (about 10-12 leaves)
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c water
- 1-2 tsp chili sauce (e.g. sriracha)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Cut the broccoli into medium sized florets. Mince the garlic. Dice the onion in to large pieces. Roll the basil in to a cigar shape and roughly chop.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, water, chili sauce, and corn starch until the corn starch is completely dissolved.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package (generally this involves putting the noodles in a pot of hot water for a few minutes, followed by cooking in boiling water for only a few minutes). Rice noodles cook fast, so be very careful not to overcook!
- Once the noodles are cooked, strain them and coat with a bit of vegetable oil to ensure the noodles don’t stick together.
- Add the sesame oil to a wok and heat on medium-high until a splash of water sizzles.
- Add the garlic and fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and onion and cook until vegetables are soft and cooked.
- Turn the heat down to medium, then add rice noodles and sauce. Mix frequently until sauce begins to thicken and coats everything.
- Turn off the heat, add the basil, and mix to combine. Serve hot.
Get the best deal on all the ingredients with nowcado.com!