These #cranberry scones are a great #classic brunch option. We found the recipe over on smittenkitchen.com – check it out below.
- 10 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp plain sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 c dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 c heavy cream
- Jam and/or turbinado sugar (Optional)
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Put flour, baking powder, plain sugar, and salt in food processor. Pulse until combined (about six times).
- Cut butter into about 5 squares and distribute over mix in food processor. Pulse until combined (about 12 1-second pulses).
- Add cranberries and pulse one more time. Transfer dough to large bowl.
- Stir in heavy cream with fork or spatula until dough forms, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer dough to countertop and knead about 5-10 seconds until you have a rough, sticky ball.
- Form scones by pressing dough into an 8 inch cake pan, then turning onto lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 8 wedges with a bench scraper.
- Place wedges on ungreased baking sheet and bake on middle rack until scone tops are light brown, about 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Optionally top with turbinado sugar and/or jam.
Don’t forget that you can use nowcado.com to save money on the ingredients!