#BaraBrith a.k.a. #speckled #bread is a #Welsh #teatime specialty that is by far the best version of #fruitcake I’ve ever tasted. It is a treat on its own or served with lightly salted butter. Not surprisingly, the folks over at visitwales.com have a tremendous recipe that is easy to recreate in your own home. You can find many of these ingredients with Nowcado:
- 1 lb. self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 6 oz. sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. cold black tea
- 1 lb. mixed dry fruit
- Extra honey for glazing
- Place dry fruit in a bowl and cover with black tea. Let the concoction soak overnight.
- The next day, mix the sugar, egg, orange juice, zest, and honey together, then add it to the soaked fruit.
- Sift in the flour and spice.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- While the bara brith cools, baste it with honey.
- Once cooled, serve the fruit loaf to your adoring friends and family.