Don’t throw your day-old #bread to the ducks! At least not before you try this sweet bread pudding recipe (shout-out to William Sonoma for the original inspiration). We used Nowcado to help us get these ingredients:
- Approximately 12 slices day-old bread, cubed into ¾ inch chunks
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 4 c. milk
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting (Optional)
- Butter your 8-inch baking dish and spread your bread crumbs in the bottom.
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and allow them to soak for approximately 20 minutes.
- Scatter the cranberries evenly over the pan.
- Bake the pudding for 45-55 minutes.
- Allow the pudding to cool and optionally dust the top with confectioners’ sugar.