#Quiche is a great filling food that isn’t too hard to make once you get the basics down. Here is a Nowcado-approved recipe that you can use as a base to make any quiche.
- 9-inch pie crust
- 1-2 c filling (e.g. your favorite meats or veggies can be swapped in here to make most any style of quiche)
- 1-2 c cheese (e.g. Swiss, Gruyere, Cheddar, Fontina, etc.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a 9-inch cake or pie pan (or even a spring-form pan) with wax or parchment paper, then grease the insides. Roll out the pie crust and fit into the tin, trimming away any overhang. Freeze for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line the pie crust with more parchment paper and put weight on top of it so it lies flat against the pan and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper and cook another 10-15 minutes until brown, then cool.
- Pan-fry the filling ingredients (possibly with oil, if necessary) until they are dry.
- Sprinkle half the cheese(s) over the pie crust, then the filling, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream and salt and pour over top of the pie.
- Bake the now fully assembled quiche for 30-40 minutes so the edges set. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.