Pain au chocolat is kind of like a #chocolate #croissant. In some cases it is even sold as a chocolate croissant. Made of a multi-layered bread filled with buttery goodness, these pastries are filled with a dark chocolate center that melts in your mouth and complements the sweet leavened dough.
While I would normally create the dough from scratch, sometimes there just isn’t enough time for that. Here is a really simple recipe that can be enjoyed in no time!
- Crescent rolls container
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Unroll the rolls into triangles and divvy up the chocolate evenly between each one.
- Roll up the triangles into croissant shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes or until done. Optionally dust with turbinado sugar.
Hope Nowcado’s recipe saves you some time on your favorite treat.