#Fish and Asparagus – its as simple as it sounds, but it can also be deceptively flavorful. This recipe is a testament to the power of stir-frying with spices. Since you’re eating the two major components together, it also lends itself to easy reuse of a single frying pan, without the need to clean it between. This recipe is for two servings.
- 1/2 lb Red Snapper
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- a splash of lemon juice
- Pat your fish dry.
- Heat up 1/2 tsp olive oil in your pan until it just starts to smoke.
- Roll in your asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Coat thoroughly with the oil and cook for a few minutes until lightly brown. Transfer the asparagus to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil to the pan and place the fish in, laying it away from you so that it does not splash oil in your face. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and splash with lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes on both sides, using your spatula to press down and keep the fillets flat.
- Line the asparagus on your plate and place the fish on top. Add another splash if lemon juice if desired and serve.