Orzo Summer Salad
This is a recipe that looks great because of how colorful it is on a plate. It is incredibly simple, too. Apart from chopping a few ingredients, it doesn’t require much work at all but good ingredients are what make it stand out.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 8 oz orzo
- 2 oz green olives
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 large tomato
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Begin bowling water in a pot for the orzo.
- While waiting for the water to bowl, remove the stem of the tomato. Dice it and put the tomato cubes in a large bowl.
- Remove the pit from the olives if necessary and slice in half, then add to the bowl.
- Roll up the parsley like a cigar and cut in ½ inch segments before adding. Be sure not to cut a segment more than once or it will weaken the flavor of the herb in the dish.
- Crumble the feta and add to the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- The water should now be boiling, so add the orzo to the pot. Cook about 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- When the orzo is done, strain it of its water and rinse with cold water until the pasta is cold.
- Add the cooled orzo to the bowl.
- Simply mix and serve!