One of the first recipes many people learn is how to make guacamole. There’s a good reason for that – it’s very simple, pretty healthy, and tastes great. Not many recipes can claim that trifecta.
Using the tips preparing avocados we’ve recently mentioned you will have the base for a great version. We reduced the quantities here so that it is an amount comfortable for 2 people, though you could make a larger batch and serve more people at a time (and avoid storing parts of fruits or vegetables that get left over). One other great feature of this recipe is it doesn’t require any special equipment beyond a fork, a knife, and a bowl.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1.5 haas avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/4 medium white onion
- Halve the avocados, then twist to remove the seed.
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl with a fork or other utensil.
- Add the lemon or lime juice to the bowl and mix.
- Add the salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the bowl and mix.
- Mince the garlic, then add to the bowl.
- Mince the jalapeno pepper, then add to the bowl.
- Deseed the tomato, then chop and add to the bowl.
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl.
- Mix the guacamole well together, then serve with tortilla chips.