Blackened Salmon Sandwich
Continuing the #avocado theme, here is a recipe that uses a simple avocado-based sandwich spread. The salmon has a bit of Cajun flair that adds a hint of heat, as well as a peppery sharp arugula (or rocket for those of you not from the US).
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 haas avocado
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 oz salmon, skin on
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 1 oz arugula
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/2 medium red onion
- Take the avocado half and spoon over the mayonnaise into a bowl. Mash it together with a fork.
- Slice the tomato and onion into 4 parts for each of the sandwiches, then set aside.
- Toast the buns on both sides over medium for 1-2 minutes on each side, then set them aside.
- Cut the salmon into 4 pieces, then pat them all dry.
- Rub each salmon fillet with the Cajun seasoning thoroughly. Heat the the pan over medium-high, then add the salmon skin-side down.
- Cook the salmon for 5-7 minutes with the skin side down. The skin should get crispy, and it should be easy to use a spatula to move. Flip the salmon and cook another 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is cooked, being careful not to overcook.
- Spread the avocado mash onto the buns, and add the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion slices.
- Close the sandwich and serve!