Sundried Tomato Goat Cheese Open-Faced Sandwich
Sometimes you just need some quick, easy to make comfort food. This recipe is similar to the pesto pizza recipe we posted a few months ago, but uses goat cheese and sundried tomatoes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 pitas or naan
- 5.3 oz pesto
- 6.7 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz sundried tomatoes
- Begin by preheating an oven to 450 F, and spreading the pesto over the pita.
- Next, crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Finally top with sundried tomatoes.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown, and serve!
Using yesterday’s pesto recipe, nowcado.com can help you to easily make a very simple pizza.
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Pita or naan
- Preheat an oven to 400 F.
- Top the pita or naan with the pesto, then sprinkle the feta on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese browns. Remove from oven and serve.
What could be better than #basil, #cheese, #garlic, olive oil, and pine nuts in the summer? Here is a basic basil pesto recipe nowcado.com can help you with that you can use to pour over pasta or spread on a sandwich.
- 2 c packed basil leaves
- 1/2 c Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c pine nuts
- 2/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend everything but the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- While the processor is running, pour in the olive oil slowly and blend until fully mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- You can either keep the pesto refrigerated, or freeze to store it for months!