Here are some tips from Nowcado to make the best possible hot dogs.
- You can season your hot dogs in a mixture of onions and beer to see the effect on your hot dogs. Try experimenting with different flavors and brews!
- Pre-cook the hot dogs at 350 for 4-5 minutes in order to make the casing crispy, and then finish them off on the grill.
- Top with different items, such as with the chili recipe we provided earlier. Sauerkraut, relish, mustard, ketchup, chopped onions, garlic, old bay, and peppers are all possibilities!
Here are a few tips from Nowcado for making better burgers as you #grill this #summer.
- Grind your own beef – besides the fact that you can choose the quality (e.g. age, cut, handling of meat, etc.) of your food, you can have complete control over things like fat content and grind size.
- Keep the meat cold until you cook it so that the fat stays in the meat.
- Carefully weigh patties to ensure consistency.
- Using our earlier meat cooking guideline, use a thermometer to be sure you get the meat to your desired level of cooking.
- Season well with salt and pepper, but only at the last minute. If you do it too much earlier, the salt will dissolve muscle proteins and you will lose the nice, crumbly texture that you expect from your burger.
- Flip the burger often so that you cook it evenly (up to once every 15 seconds).
- Don’t play with the patty much besides flipping it (unless smashing in the beginning). Also, don’t add anything (e.g. onions, eggs, breadcrumbs, etc) to the meat besides a few seasonings – you can add toppings later.
- Pick a bun that doesn’t have too tough of a crust. You can toast it, but want a soft interior.
- Top with anything you like, such as the chili recipe we described earlier.
Happy #4thofJuly! Enjoy the fireworks and remember to use Nowcado for all the items you need for enjoying the holiday!
Want #natural flavored #water using #fruits you can find with nowcado.com without all of the processed sugars of pre-made flavored waters? Check this out:
- 2 cups fruit
- Herbs (Optional)
- If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher. Muddle to release flavor, but don’t pulverize the herbs into bits.
- Add fruit to jar/pitcher. Muddle.
- Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes and fill to top with water.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS: Fruit – 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon.
RASPBERRY LIME: Fruit – 2 limes, 2 cups raspberries.
PINEAPPLE MINT: Herbs – 1 sprig mint. Fruit – 2 cups pineapple.
BLACKBERRY SAGE: Herbs – 1 sprig sage. Fruit – 2 cups blackberries.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY: Herbs – 1 sprig rosemary. Fruit – 2 cups watermelon cubes.
Here is another #recipe nowcado.com can help you with to cool off this #summer while grilling. It involves grilling some of the ingredients prior to making the drink!
Recipe adapted from foodandwine.com
- 3 cups stemmed seedless red grapes
- 2 oranges, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- 2 lemons, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 bottle white wine
- 8 ounces simple syrup
- 8 ounces brandy
- Light a hardwood charcoal fire. Put the grapes on a perforated grill sheet or in a grill basket and grill over high heat, tossing occasionally, until they just start to burst, about 6 minutes. Transfer the grapes to a plate to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, grill the orange and lemon wheels over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine with the simple syrup, brandy and grilled fruit and stir well. Refrigerate until the sangria is chilled and the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Serve the sangria over ice.
Here’s a recipe nowcado.com can help you with to cool down during the hot summer months.
- 2 lb watermelon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lime
- 24 mint leaves
- 10 oz vodka
- Cut out the fruit from a watermelon and de-seed. Slice in to smaller pieces so it will fit in a food processor.
- Blend the watermelon pieces in the food processor. Add water as you blend to keep a liquid consistency.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of the pulp.
- Muddle sugar, mint, and lime juice. Pour in to the watermelon juice, and finally mix with the vodka.