To celebrate, here is a great #margarita recipe nowcado.com can help you with. We got the recipe from foodnetwork.com:
- Ice cubes
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Lime-salt-sugar, recipe follows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. (Alternatively, heat in the microwave.) Store the simple syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Blend together lime, salt and sugar in a small blender or mini food chopper.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup. Cover and shake until mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, the drink is ready by the time the shaker mists up.)
- Place Lime-salt-sugar on a plate. Press the rim of a chilled rocks or wine glass into the mixture to rim the edge. Strain margarita into the glass.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!